Are you getting tired of the all-inclusive scene but still want to head south? You might want to consider a tour- either a large or small group as an alternative to the usual all-inclusive.
Granted- the dollar value will be higher- but the experience will be well worth it…….here are a couple of ideas. And don’t hesitate to book these trips- whereas All-Inclusives seem almost endless in their numbers and variety, tours are always finite- and small group tours often have a devoted clientele -which means they fill up early……..get that deposit down and go from there!
A Large Group Tour Option
First- consider a large group tour such as Panama, the Canal and Panama, the Canal and Beyond offered by Trafalagar as an alternative to an all-inclusive. This 8 day trip features “the famous and dynamic capital, an unforgettable canal cruise and the sands of Playa Blanca but this trip also takes you beyond all that to meet locals in villages and the rainforest.” Priced from $2860- this would be a trip of lifetime exploring Panama……
You’ll enjoy Insider moments like…learning about the biodiversity of the Panama Canal with a Smithsonian researcher who explains of the environmental impact of the canal across its 90 years of history.
Highlights will include:
- Dine on a traditional lunch at a local family’s equestrian estate.
- Taste delicious patacones.
- Meet a Smithsonian researcher in Gamboa and learn about Panamanian coffee with the Ngobe-Bugle.
- Visiting the Embere Indians at their village of Embere Drua, you’ll learn about their culture, lifestyle and crafts.
- City tour of Panama City
- Cruise a portion of the Panama Canal
- View the Volcán Barú volcano, the Natá basilica and the Pacific Coast
- Visit the historic district of Casco Antiguo in Panama City, Panama Viejo, Gamboa Rainforest, Chagres National Park, and a coffee plantation in the Chiriquí Highlands
A Small Group Tour Option
A second option in a small group tour is offered by G Adventures. Their Best of Panama tour is another 8 day tour priced from $849 (on sale currently). This is one of G Adventures Classic Standard tour- nothing fancy- simply getting under the skin of a country…….
“Panama has been a destination on the cusp of the mainstream for ages, but somehow still remains a secret. More greatness for us to enjoy, we say. This eight-day trip opens the lid on the natural splendour of this overlooked gem of a country, giving travellers the chance to hike cloud forests, snorkel the Caribbean and even discover where that delicious morning cup of joe comes from at a coffee plantation. Panama is spectacular, and the best way to promote it is by word-of-mouth.”
- Snorkel in the crystal-blue Caribbean waters in Bocas del Toro
- Take in the crisp air of the lush green highlands in Boquete
- Explore the Panama Canal
This option is a more bare bones option- in-between these two options are myriad other styles of travel- it is just a matter of finding your perfect style! So contact me today to get off the resort and into the country and its people…..